Sunday, June 21, 2009

You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here



Mine is but a simple dream: 300 square feet of studio space that is mine and mine alone. In the meantime I am grateful that I even have a place to paint. Actually I have 2 places, but there are many constraints because both are shared with other people. So now I am moving my paintings somewhere else, though I don't know where I can put them. There isn't enough room for them at school and my studio is too small. I might just end up bringing them home and adding to my already cluttered living space, which was exactly what I was trying to avoid but is cheaper than trying to rent storage space with money I don't have. I suppose I could see if my family could keep them for me, but I want my paintings to be where I can keep an eye on them. I will be glad when I finally have my show so I can sell them. I certainly could use the money.

So anyway, I spent yesterday moving half of my paintings out of the studio (larger ones like Silver Whisper and Solar Storm were too large to take in the car) instead of painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post