Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Widget Wednesday, NeoCon 2009 Edition: Designer Pages

As fields that have been in existence long before the rise of the Internet, architecture and interior design have long-established ways of organizing information. Much of it relies on hard copies, or as I was taught in my Materials and Sources class in 2005, Excel spreadsheets. Now with the advent of Web 2.0 and social media, we have so many new ways to share our finds. This is where Designer Pages comes in.

I learned about Designer Pages while working with them on the Twitter campaign. As a designer who spends most of my product research time on the Internet, a really appreciate the cloud computing solution Designer Pages provides. Think of it as a virtual 3-ring binder where you can save all your clippings for a particular project. You can also invite other designers to collaborate with you. And it's free!






Now I think I'll try out my new membership by moving my furniture & finishes for my dream house from a cumbersome Excel workbook into Designer Pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post