Tuesday, June 16, 2009

NeoCon swag [#NeoCon09]

One of the best things about trade shows is getting free stuff. Unlike the trade shows for a lot of other industries, the promotional items given away at NeoCon are usually very well designed. Here are a couple of my favorites.

mdc monkey 3

This is the ubiquitous promo monkey from MDC Wallcoverings. Everyone has been carrying one of these guys around at NeoCon and I didn't know where I could get one until today. Such a cutie! Since today is Iris's third birthday, I am giving him to her as a present. I've grown kind of fond of him after carrying him around all day, so I think I might get one for myself to keep as a sort of atelier mascot. He could be Olo's albino cousin.

Behind the monkey is a tote bag with a great pattern on it. The fabric pattern is based on a new one that Momentum Textiles just came out with for a new line. And it all coordinates very well with the kiwi green La-Z-Boy seat. This is a product they make for the healthcare market. Waiting to get your wisdom tooth pulled might not be as scary if you're sitting on such a comfortable seat in the waiting room.

zebra-bag from #NeoCon09

I got another very nice tote from E.S. Robbins, the company that makes the chair mats I mentioned in my previous post. It is zebra print to match the zebra print chair mat they had in their display. And you know I love zebra print. (Don't judge.) Not only is it stylish, it's very sturdy too. It has an internal and external pocket and it zips closed, which makes it a great bag to take on public transit when you run the risk of getting pickpocketed.


lunchbox

there's no such thing as a free lunch?

My free lunch today from Janus et Cie came in an old-fashioned metal lunchbox with an old-fashioned Coke that was very hard to open. But it was a very delicious meal. And now I have a really cute lunchbox to add to my collection.
Publish Post

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I still want to get a bag from HON and a bag from Crypton. Hopefully they won't be all gone tomorrow. Things run out on student day. I remember, because when I was a design student I was always looking for free stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Janus et Cie really know how to leaving a lasting impression!
    ...and that's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Comments make me happy. Spam makes me mad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post