Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday Solutions: quick & easy business cards

This week, due to budget and time constraints, I wasn't able to get a set of color business cards printed to promote my blog at NeoCon. So I used an alternative that worked well for me during the Toyth show: wallet sized photos. I wanted the cards I gave out at the show to only feature the pictures that I was exhibiting. At 2"x3" my wallet size photos are almost the same size as business cards, but cheaper. The Walgreen's in my area charge about $1 per sheet of 4, making them a quarter apiece.

Or save even more money by taking a few minutes to do a wallet sized layout in Photoshop and your cards will cost even less.



For the Toyth show, I wanted my Doll Project images to be free of captions, but I still wanted to have my contact information included.


So I printed all of my information on labels, which I put on the opposite side of my cards. I used Avery's 6572 permanent ID labels and they were just the right size.




For professional looking results, I recommend taking the time to use a paper cutter instead of just scissors to cut out your cards. And having them printed at a photo finishing place yields higher quality images than using a regular printer. But if you have a good photo printer, go for it!

So, for this quick and cost-effective mode of self-promotion, this is all you need:

  • digital versions of your work (or whatever is going on your business card)
  • photo finishing services (or a very good photo printer of your own)
  • a paper cutter
  • Avery's 6572 permanent ID labels


Hopefully your inexpensive cards will help you get in a position where you can go all out and splurge on the fancy ones someday. Happy networking!

1 comment:

  1. What good, creative fixes for an immediate problem. well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Comments make me happy. Spam makes me mad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post