Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019: A Retrospective

So, this is the year I turned 40, and the year is almost over, and so is the decade... no pressure at all! To be honest, I don't feel like I have accomplished much this year, but looking back, I did have some really good experiences.






































I saw many beautiful things at the Gold Coast Art Fair and the 57th Street Art Fair.






I made my first circular painting.













I made another round painting.



I gave myself a raise.



















And I wrote a few rants about my ever-increasing frustration with social media, as well as a post about Wayfair's lack of ethics. I sold two of my paintings this year: Infra-Pink Inferno and Cosmic Ocean.

So perhaps this year wasn't that unproductive after all. I don't do resolutions, goal-setting, vision boards or intentions anymore and have no desire to make grand plans or pronouncements for 2020 or the years that follow in the new decade. Taking things a day at a time works better for me. I don't want to overwhelm myself or set myself up for failure. There are a few things I really want to do next year and I'm hoping that I will be able to afford to do them, hopefully with income from art and interior design and writing. Whatever happens, I plan to blog about it and also include it in my next art book. See you in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post