Monday, June 4, 2012

New mini collages

Just in time for my open studio this Friday, I have created several new mini collages.  I got back into collage last year while doing the exercises in 2 of my favorite creativity books, The Artist's Way and Walking in This World.

mini collages on canvas. Sizes range from 2"x2" to 3'x4"















They start at just 2" x 2".  Here are some pictures that help to illustrate the scale.

Alvin Ailey Barbie doll with mini collages on canvas


Alvin Ailey Barbie doll with mini collages on canvas
































I really enjoy working small.  It's a fun way to try out new concepts and ideas.

Alvin Ailey Barbie doll with mini collages on canvas






























This one even has some paper flowers on it.  Each comes with a miniature easel in the color of your choice.  Here are some close-ups.

multicolor mini collage with ikat and chevron patterns mini collage with zebrano, turquoise, and lime green

mini collage with ravishing red lips

Right now I am only selling my mini collages at my studio. I may list them on Etsy if enough people are interested. Buy one while you can. It looks like Helmet Hair Barbie wants to buy one for her dream house.

blonde Barbie Basics doll with mini collage

1 comment:

  1. Loved having a look at these outstanding mini collages. I grew up creating such crafts and art stuff and used to have a great time doing those activities. I am going to start the art and craft online business now so would be hosting the launch party at one of the rental home studios NYC. Can’t wait to get it started!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post