Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Adaptive Reuse 3" and another acrylic sheet painting

When I painted the background for Adaptive Reuse 3, it seemed a shame to have to cover it up. So I took a few pictures of it.



Then I added the first layer of objects. My plan is to use another split complementary color scheme. This time, it will be blue, purple, and yellow. Usually I prefer analagous colors, but I am trying to challenge myself.


I was even able to use the cardboard packaging from my new camera for this one.


I am still trying to decide what I want to put into this little "window." The box is left over from an interior design project. It once contained a little round side table from Urban Outfitters. A few of my classmates said it reminded them of a pastry or pizza box.

I'm using the leftover paint to create an acrylic sheet painting. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I stumbled upon this marbling technique accidentally.


I added some glaze to the top right corner to break up the purple that had puddled there. The shape it created reminds me of a jellyfish.

My biggest challenge in creating the acrylic sheet paintings is finding a flat level surface to leave it to dry for a few days. Sadly, most of the taborets and tables in the studio are lopsided or wobbly.


Add to Mixx!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Comments make me happy. Spam makes me mad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post