Thursday, May 28, 2009

looking forward to NeoCon this year


I had never even heard of NeoCon before I started at Harrington in 2004. Attending it was mandatory when I was a student, and even after graduation, I still consider it a must-see event. There are so many innovative designs to see and experience in person. And of course it is a great place to collect free memo samples and gorgeous shelter magazines. Here are a few things that caught my eye on Contract's Best of NeoCon preview page.

This chair of many colors has been upholstered with custom dyed leather. Now you can get a chair in any Pantone color you'd like, courtesy of Digital Leather.
I sometimes wonder if I'd like to install rubber flooring in my kitchen someday because it is "Tiffany-proof." No more broken dishes with these Mannington Audio Spectra tiles.
It's nice to see some cork flooring with some personality. I like the patterns that Expanko Cork Company has created on these hand crafted Italian veneers.

I love the chic simplicity of the Zola collection from Krug.
I could see this bright and playful Jaks seating from Allermuir in a variety of settings. Maybe in a store or even a school.

I am also looking forward to hearing one of the keynote speakers, Daniel Pink, who really inspired me with his incredible book, A Whole New Mind. Can you believe he said that the M.F.A. is the new M.B.A.? What a revolutionary idea. NeoCon always has dynamic speakers. I missed seeing one of my favorite designers, Karim Rashid, when he was there, but I did see Rem Koolhaus when he gave his keynote address to students. One thing is certain: NeoCon has never disappointed me.

NeoCon will be held at the Merchandise Mart from June 15-17. For more information, visit www.neocon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post