Saturday, September 8, 2012

Color Cornucopia - almost finished

Color Cornucopia - multicolor corlorblock abstract sculptural bas relief painting by Chicago artist Tiffany Gholar

Color Cornucopia
acrylic on cardboard
30" x 20"
2012


The last time you saw Color Cornucopia on this blog, I hadn't painted it yet, but I promised the colors I chose would be a surprise.   Breaking away from my traditional monochromatic color schemes, I borrowed an idea from the fashion world and decided to go colorblock.  I was also inspired by my multicolored studio.

Color Cornucopia -multicolor corlorblock abstract sculptural bas relief  abstract painting by Chicago artist Tiffany Gholar


This painting feels festive, energetic, and lively to me.  It's like a carnival.

Color Cornucopia - multicolor corlorblock abstract sculptural bas relief abstract painting by Chicago artist Tiffany Gholar


All I need to do now is fill in the spots that I missed.

Color Cornucopia - multicolor corlorblock abstract sculptural bas relief abstract painting by Chicago artist Tiffany Gholar

This will probably be the biggest painting I will make until I sell the art that is hanging on the walls of my studio, or someone commissions something. I'm running out of room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post