Sunday, July 15, 2012

New pod paintings

Lately I feel like I've written so much about other people's art that I haven't made time to write about my own work.  And that's a shame because I've been working on some new pieces.

three pod paintings, studio of Tiffany Gholar, The Fine Arts Building, Chicago Loop


I'm hoping to have this large one done in time for my next open studio in August.

unfinished pod painting, studio of Tiffany Gholar, The Fine Arts Building, Chicago Loop


I'm not going to say what color I plan to paint it. It's a surprise.

Shanda's Sunrise, pod painting by Tiffany Gholar, acrylic on cardboard


This yellow and fuchsia pod painting is a custom piece for a very good friend of mine.  The color scheme was a challenge for me because I tend to use analogous combinations. It was nice to have an assignment that pushed me to do something out of the ordinary and get out of my comfort zone.

detail of Shanda's Sunrise, pod painting by Tiffany Gholar, acrylic on cardboard, yellow and fuchsia


That's a great thing about friends, they keep you from getting stuck in a rut.  I am very happy with the way my friend's painting came out and look forward to sending it to her.

I'm also excited about finishing the other pod paintings. Check back here for pictures of them when they're completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post