Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chicago Artists Month, Day 2: Ravenswood



I went to the Ravenswood Art Walk today.  Every time I go to arts events in Chicago, I am impressed by the number of artists and arts organizations we have here. It's one of the things I love about Chicago. Here are a few of my favorite things I saw in Ravenswood today.

Cornelia Arts Building

DSC061221000px

DSC061211000px
Paintings by Jeremiah Ketner

DSC061201000px


This was my second time visiting the Cornelia Arts Building, which is home to numerous artists.  Some I may have featured on here before, while others are new to this blog:











I also toured the Lillstreet Art Center and was impressed with the array of art forms on display there.

DSC061181000px
Painting by David Todd Trost

DSC061171000px


DSC061161000px

They offer courses in glass-blowing, ceramics, painting, screen printing, and textiles.

I also got a chance to visit the studio of an artist I met recently named Vesna Jovanovic. She is a painter as well as a sculptor.

DSC061191000px


I almost passed up the opportunity to visit Architectural Artifacts until a woman standing in the doorway said, "You have got to go in there!"  I am so glad I listened to her.  What I found was a treasure trove of vintage furniture, fixtures, and odds and ends that would be great for making stuff.

DSC061151000px

DSC061131000px

DSC061081000px

DSC061071000px


Another shop I also visited was Hazel, which has a nicely curated collection of home decor and gift items.


Though they have a website, I recommend visiting this charming little shop in person.  At 1902 and 1926 W. Montrose, both its locations are walking distance from the CTA Brown Line.

So far, I've enjoyed my Chicago Artists Month adventures. I hope to have more to share with you later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post