Monday, September 12, 2011

The Return of the Doll Project

There was still so much I wanted to do with The Doll Project, so much I wanted to say, so many dolls I bought on eBay to photograph but never did.  There were so many photos I did take that just did not work out.  Maybe I was waiting until everything was perfect, waiting for the perfect camera, the perfect dolls, the perfect setup and lighting.  Eventually I decided to stop waiting and start taking pictures again.  Here are a few recent ones that I'd like to share.

The new photos show the issue of body image and eating disorders in a historical context.  I have a lot I'd like to say about it and I am thinking of what I will write about it.  Look for it in a future post.  Until then, here are my new photos.



Mia goes on her first diet in 1969 with the help of a book entitled "How To Lose Weight" and a mod container of yogurt.



Mia does not like what she sees in the mirror. She goes on her first diet in 1969 with the help of a book entitled "How To Lose Weight"



Unhappy with her looks, a redhead Dollikin doll looks to modeling sensation Twiggy for "thinspiration."



Unhappy with her looks, a redhead Dollikin doll looks to modeling sensation Twiggy for "thinspiration."



Unhappy with her looks, a redhead Dollikin doll looks to modeling sensation Twiggy for "thinspiration."


You can see more photos from The Doll Project on Flickr, and read about it here on my blog. I hope to shoot more photos for it again soon. Hopefully it won't take me as long this time.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent!
    Have you yet to make them into a holiday card?

    There is a shop on etsy who does a whole Ken and Barbie stage set, and Christmas cards are the biggest sell.
    Very cheeky.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Comments make me happy. Spam makes me mad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post