Thursday, October 8, 2009

Jonathan Adler + Barbie = a match made in design heaven!




By now most of you regular readers know I am an avid Barbie collector, and some of you may also know that I am a fan of ceramicist and decorator extraordinaire Jonathan Adler. Over the summer I heard about the opportunity he had to design a real life dream house in honor of Barbie's 50th anniversary.





I felt a wave of hot pink envy. Why wasn't there a way for us collectors to own a piece of this memorabilia? But it turns out that we can. I found out about this development thanks to Typhanie at Shoebox Decor. There is a Jonathan Adler loves Barbie line available at the Jonathan Adler store!



At $49.95, the sofa above is a fraction of the cost of the real thing. There is even a 1:6 scale version of My Prescription for Anti-Depressive Living, which Ana, Mia, and Lolita need to read.

Want to take a virtual tour of the life-size dream house?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post