Thursday, October 29, 2009

I can't stop making paper flowers!

Some people drink, some people overeat, some people smoke or bite their nails or pace the floor, but when I am stressed, I generally escape into a virtual world of my own creation using games like Civilization or Sim City. Then there are times when I immerse myself in actually creating something real. Over the weekend I learned how to make paper flowers from a few different articles online, and now I cannot stop making them.



I am reminded of the main character of Like Water for Chocolate, who tried to console herself in the lonely hours she spent away from her one true love by crocheting. Eventually the quilt she made seemed to go on for miles and miles.


photo found at Vickie Howell's blog

I can relate. I feel like I am on the verge of so many changes in my life. The stress is getting hard to bear. I am drowning my anxiety in piles and piles of paper flowers. Something about the repetitive process of folding and cutting paper out of my junk mail and old magazines is very soothing. And now I have more paper flowers than I need, so I plan to sell the extra ones on Etsy.



I suppose I never mentioned what I need the flowers for. It's a surprise, but you'll find out on this blog eventually. In the meantime, if you want to while away the hours making your own paper flowers, get instructions at the links below:

http://www.lookiloos.com/2009/02/valentines-day-decorating-tips-how-to-make-paper-roses.html
http://susanbluerobot.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-to-make-paper-roses.html
http://www.craftstylish.com/item/7515/how-to-make-simple-white-paper-flowers

2 comments:

  1. Your paper flowers look awesome. just curious to know the procedure for creating it in your upcoming blog. Thanks for sharing it. Iflorist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beth. Click the links in the post to get instructions on making paper flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post