Sunday, September 13, 2009

My first public art project

I've been keeping this a secret, but now I can finally unveil my first public art project: a painted rain barrel! And when I took this picture of it, the sprinkler was on and a little rainbow appeared in the mist.

rain-barrel-and-rainbow

At first I had no clue what I was going to paint. Then it hit me: why not paint water? Like it says on my card, sometimes the simplest solutions are the most elegant.

DSC03878

It's the first representational painting I have done in a long, long time. This is a style I developed a long time ago, all based on a single high school art class assignment. The continuous flowing lines give the pattern a sense of continuity while the dotted lines fill it with energy.

DSC03886

Once I know where the rain barrel will be displayed, I'll announce it on here.

2 comments:

  1. I saw you on jeopardy. You're paintings are beautiful. They are definitely a reflection of your beautiful spirit and I just adore your smile! Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Comments make me happy. Spam makes me mad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post