Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

DSC03937

The composition of this piece was definitely inspired by the work of Hans Hofmann, one of my favorite painters.

DSC03871

It's purple because I don't have a whole lot of purple pieces in this series. I like this shade of purple. But perhaps I am biased because this is the hue of purple that I think compliments my skin tone the best.

DSC03937

I have learned from trial and error (numerous errors, actually) that because purple is such a difficult color to mix, I'm better off just buying tubes of it. This color just happens to be a fortuitous mixture of all the purple paints (and inks) I had in the studio.

DSC03936

I am happy with the result so far.

DSC03947

I was listening to Michael Jackson songs in the studio while I was working today, hence the title of this post. The painting remains untitled at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post