Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The student show is open now

I am featuring 2 pieces in the show. Remember that untitled silver painting? Well now it has a title. I am calling it Silver Whisper. It looks great under the gallery lighting. I've taken pictures but will have to wait until I get back home to resample & upload them. Also in the show is my first installation piece, a readymade entitled Bailout. It is the first and only readymade in the Recessionism series. It's 5 pounds of shredded money. The U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing says it's about $10,000, though in it's confetti-like state, it is worthless. I took a picture of it too and will post it here.
The show will run until May 14th. The gallery is open Monday-Thursday from 11 am-4 p.m. Tonight it will be open a little later for the opening reception which will be held until 9 p.m. Click here to see the official site for the show. If you need directions, click here.




Add to Mixx!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post