Thursday, September 20, 2018

Emerald Splendor

My goal for my upcoming art show was to make a rainbow of paintings. I needed a green one.
Since I mistakenly bought a 24" x 30" board for Photosphere, I decided that I needed to make another painting that size to balance it out.

While walking downtown one day, I saw these plants and was inspired by their colors.





I decided to immerse the perforated Kraft paper in paint. It worked very well, essentially dyeing it, but it ruined my manicure since I didn't feel like wearing gloves. And that's why I so rarely paint my fingernails.


 I was very pleased with the result. The yellow highlights are like lightning in a dark sky.



There is an interesting combination of textures.


The metallic ink I used gives it areas of interest and depth.







UPDATE: As of September 30th, this painting is no longer available but if you want something similar, feel free to commission a custom artwork in these colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post