Wednesday, June 13, 2018

NeoCon 2018

If you're familiar with my blog, you might remember that last year I had my best NeoCon experience ever. I tried not to have the same expectations for this year. Overall, it was a good experience though the color schemes I saw were mostly disappointing. Yes, I know I am biased because I prefer bright colors. It wasn't until design school that I learned to appreciate neutrals. However, the trend I saw of putting neutrals with more neutrals and greyed-down pastels did not appeal to me. I call that color scheme dystopian chic. It reminds me of Chicago in the winter. I feel like those are colors for people who don't like colors.


"Color is..." hard to find at NeoCon 2018. Nevertheless, I did come across some color schemes that I liked. And here they are.











































Vitra









Indiana Furniture




HBF




























I also enjoy seeing creative displays. The good ones are like installation art.






Groupe Lacasse





























Speaking of art, this year KI collaborated with a local Chicago artist whose work I have featured on my blog before, Emmy Star Brown.



She painted this mural in the KI showroom during the show.

The other works of art I really like looking at during NeoCon are the gorgeous floral arrangements.















As far as new products go, my favorite was the Nook. As an introvert, I love the idea of having a little niche of privacy in a public place. It was so relaxing to have an area where I could sit and rest my feet, drink my water, charge my phone, and take some pictures.


It was also fun to see the custom rugs that Edward Fields used to make for NeoCon for about 20 years.





This was the 50th anniversary of NeoCon and they definitely have a lot to celebrate. I look forward to going to more shows in the future.

To see all my photos, please visit Flickr.

UPDATE, 6/14/2018

 I just found out about a very tragic accident that happened at NeoCon this year in which a fellow designer, Jacqueline Albertine from Miami Beach Florida, lost her life. I'd like to offer my condolences and prayers for her family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post