Friday, April 4, 2014

A special thank you to the unsung heroes of The Doll Project



Without the help of the good people of eBay and Etsy, The Doll Project would not be possible. Well, it wouldn't be impossible, but it would certainly take a much longer time to put together everything I need from so many different countries and time periods, not to mention source handmade items, or even commission items to be made. It is hard to find good handmade Barbie clothes at reasonable prices. Too many doll clothes are badly designed, poorly executed, and horribly photographed. But with time and effort, I sifted through the morass of e-commerce wannabes to find some truly exceptional sellers. I have to admit I was selfishly guarding the names of the websites I have frequented for dolls and clothing because I didn't want anyone else to get the things I needed before I did. But now that I am finished, I thought it was time these sellers get the recognition they deserve.

Tabloach Productions

Fifty Dollhairs
Moosefat Feeders

IddyBiddySpider
Lipstick by Yuko Stevens

Thanks so much to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. I just came across this article and thought of you. It seems the perfect compliment to your art project, the aim and the means are similar. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/04/04/298771047/could-a-barbie-get-real-what-a-healthy-fashion-doll-looks-like?utm_medium=tumblr&utm_source=npr&utm_campaign=nprnews&utm_content=04042014

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post