Saturday, April 21, 2012

My May featured guest artist: Travis Mitchell

Next month at my May Open Studio, I am featuring work by Travis Mitchell. I met him last year at his studio in the Flat Iron Building in Wicker Park and was very impressed with his work. Here's what Travis has to say about his art:

My work had been described as psychotic, obsessed, methodical, paranoid, and labor intensive to an almost painful quality.

Fragmented by contradiction, stripped of logical order, relentlessly reflected by nature, the reality of mind cannot rest. Inflicted with fear, wonder, awe and panic, my work is an obsessive compulsive expression of the human emotional experience. I fantasize that time will reveal itself as a journey to peace and acceptance of life.






See more of his new work in May.  Here is more information:

May Open Studio
Friday, May 11th
6 - 9 p.m.
The Fine Arts Building
410 S. Michigan Ave.
Studio 632F
Chicago, IL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post