Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Featured Flickr Group: Eye Candy- TRIPPY HIPPY kid's books from the 60's and 70's








Okay, since last week's featured Flickr group was pretty grim, how about something to take your mind off the economy? This week's group is all about bright uplifting imagery. After all, what else would you expect from a group called Eye Candy- TRIPPY HIPPY kid's books from the 60's and 70's? Before I found this group on Flickr, I thought I must be a little weird to collect old picture books. And then I found a whole group dedicated to it, and I no longer felt weird about it.


As a child, one of my ambitions had been to grow up to be an author and illustrator of picture books. I admired Shel Silverstein, Dr. Seuss, and Richard Scarry. Naturally, I kept their books. I also saved other fun picture books, like Runaway Monkey, which is also the first book I learned to read. Its cover is one of the illustrations I contributed to the Eye Candy pool of photos. You can see the rest in a slide show above.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post