Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Raising awareness and some of my prices

image from Iowa State University Margaret Sloss Center for Women and Gender Equity

 

Today is Black Women's Equal Pay Day. The last time I observed it on here was in 2019August of 2019. Meaning that the progress we had been making has been reversed, thanks to the pandemic. In the past, this has been the day when I've announced price increases. Those price increases, like so many other things, are something I deliberately put on hold because of the pandemic. I know people are still struggling. I don't want to price gouge like so many companies are doing. But I have to be intentional about my prices and do what's fair to me. Today is a reminder of that.

So this is the part where I make the announcement. From now on, artwork sold in art shows outside of my studio will cost more than when you purchase it from me directly. Think of it as a studio discount. For over a decade, my prices were the same no matter the venue. Not anymore. The prices for my interior design services, custom artwork, illustration services, and handmade jewelry will remain the same for now. I appreciate your continued support and understanding.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post