Monday, September 23, 2019

Mood Board Monday: an Afrofuturist hair salon

I've always wanted to design a hair salon. I suppose it's because I have spent so much time in them getting my hair styled for pretty much as long as I can remember. While looking at manufacturers that specialize in salon furniture, I came across a very impressive silver salon chair and decided that I would design everything around it. I found some futuristic metal light fixtures and textured metal panels, as well as an out-of-this-world white bench for the reception area. I selected metallic silver rubber flooring because hairstylists need a comfortable surface to stand on all day. I think this is what the beauty shops might look like in Wakanda.





Artwork by Ron Ackins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post