Tuesday, March 5, 2019

The 2019 Home and Housewares Show




I really enjoyed myself at this year's International Home and Housewares Show at McCormick Place. It was nice to see many of the companies I've featured from previous shows, including Smeg, Le Creuset, Design Ideas, Umbra, and French Bull. Here are some new things I noticed:



Smart coffee tables and side tables from Sobro


Anywhere Fireplace


Flint wall hooks and picture hangers



Kooduu Synergy multi-functional LED lamp

Thomas Bai Designs

Vivora

Tassen

Merritt

FingerMitt silicone oven mitts by KMN Home


Kvell Home

Stehlen

Ava indoor garden

Yamazaki

I have been keeping up with the conversations around drinking straw bans and how burdensome they are for people with various disabilities. This year, I saw companies like GIR offering a possible solution that poses fewer risks than paper or metal reusable straws: silicone. Theirs even comes with a pouch and a silicone cleaning squeegee.



I also learned a lot from Lee Eiseman's presentations on color trends. She works for Pantone and if you keep up with them, you may already know that the color of the year is Living Coral. Lee Eiseman was there to tell us what the color palettes of 2020 will be.




 












 The show was very informative and enjoyable and I look forward to attending it next year when it will be called The Inspired Home Show and will take place the weekend of my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post