Saturday, May 17, 2014

Obstreperously orange

My newest painting is Orange with a capital "O." It's so orange that I wouldn't be surprised if it glowed in the dark. It's so orange that I could keep it in my trunk and use it as a flare in an emergency. It's like mandarin oranges plus blood oranges plus Florida oranges mixed with orange juice, orange soda, orange sherbet, and Tang. Insanely orange. And I love it.


Photosphere
Photoshpere
24" x 30"
acrylic, ink, and vinyl paint on paper
2014
$400



Photosphere


Photosphere



Its surface texture is made of recycled paper that was used to cushion some recent online purchases. I love the texture I can get with it.


Photosphere


The support is a cradled wood board, so it's very sturdy. This is the first new painting I've made this year, believe it or not. I was so busy writing and preparing for last month's solo show that I just didn't have time. Not to mention space. I am so glad that five of my paintings are being rented right now, so I have a little more elbow room. I plan to show this piece at my solo show next month at William Hill Gallery in Woodlawn, along with a couple other new pieces.

The photosphere is the visible surface of the sun. And obstreperous means unruly or difficult to control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Comments make me happy. Spam makes me mad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post