Saturday, May 17, 2014

Obstreperously orange

My newest painting is Orange with a capital "O." It's so orange that I wouldn't be surprised if it glowed in the dark. It's so orange that I could keep it in my trunk and use it as a flare in an emergency. It's like mandarin oranges plus blood oranges plus Florida oranges mixed with orange juice, orange soda, orange sherbet, and Tang. Insanely orange. And I love it.


Photosphere
Photoshpere
24" x 30"
acrylic, ink, and vinyl paint on paper
2014
$400



Photosphere


Photosphere



Its surface texture is made of recycled paper that was used to cushion some recent online purchases. I love the texture I can get with it.


Photosphere


The support is a cradled wood board, so it's very sturdy. This is the first new painting I've made this year, believe it or not. I was so busy writing and preparing for last month's solo show that I just didn't have time. Not to mention space. I am so glad that five of my paintings are being rented right now, so I have a little more elbow room. I plan to show this piece at my solo show next month at William Hill Gallery in Woodlawn, along with a couple other new pieces.

The photosphere is the visible surface of the sun. And obstreperous means unruly or difficult to control.

If you happen upon this post after it's been sold, don't despair. I can make a similar custom painting for you. Click here to learn more about my commissioned art process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post