I am so excited to have published my first book with Blurb. Overall I'm pleased with their service and the quality of their printing.
As an artist, I know how difficult it can be to promote yourself online. There are thousands of books that artists and galleries have self-published using Blurb, making browsing their immense selection a daunting task. I know firsthand, having spent hours diving deeper and deeper into the archives to seek ideas for my own book. It was so inspiring to see how many talented artists have taken the time to share their work with the world in book form.
The only drawback of shopping for art books on Blurb are the prices. Their print on demand service allows users to set their own prices, and some of the prices are cringe-worthy. I want to make a profit too, but selling an 8.5" x 11" book for $100 or more is not the way to do it. Fortunately, not all the art books on the site are so grossly overpriced. I've found many lovely books on the site for less than $50.
I'm pleased to share what I discovered. The books I've highlighted below have the total package: beautiful covers, nice layouts, and quality artwork. I have yet to order any for myself, so I can't vouch for what they look like in person. But if their online previews are a good indication, they would make a lovely addition to an art book collection. Some aren't even in English, but the pictures are so gorgeous they speak for themselves.
Icons: Giorgio By Giorgio Uccellini
2. Circular Keys By Asher Bilu
3. Roux: An Exhibition Of Traditional And Non-Traditional Printmaking By Houston Museum Of African American Culture :: Book Design: Ann 'Sole Sister' Johnson For Solefolio
Nature's Palette By Mark Anderson
5. Journey, Paintings By Nicola Parente by By Gremillion & Co. Fine Art, Inc.
6. Heavenly Bodies Paper Cutout Works: The Exploration To The "Planet Platonic" By Mayuko Fujino
7. Eric K. Wallis, Artist: A Catalog Of Recent Work By Eric K. Wallis
8. Scapes: Paintings By Lynne Hollingsworth By Lynne Hollingsworth
9. Berkeland: Original Oil Paintings 1997 - 2008 By Dan Berkeland
10. Con Mexico En La Piel: Portafolio 2008 By Angel Gonzalez De La Tijera
11. Lassen By Mark Harris
12. Let's Meet For Coffee: Journal Sketches By Jerome Domurat
13. Unpasteurized By Boise State Graphic Design Class
14. blur b By David S Rose
15. Deep Calls To Deep: Exploring Beyond Through Mixed Media Image By Sharon W Huget
16. Eric Hesse: Recent Work by Eric Hesse
17. I Can't Believe I'm Telling You This: The Myspace Portrait Project By Jeff Hurlow
18. Brettisagirl By Brett Manning
19. The Dancing Houses: The Architecture Of Trinidad & Tobago Infused With Rhythm By Brian Wong Won
20. Introduction: Hsin-Yao Tseng By Hsin-Yao Tseng
21. Stories That Cover Us: Meditations And Fiber Art By Pacific Northwest African American Quilters By Lynne K. Varner-Hollie And Deborah Boone; Edited By Gwen Maxwell-Williams
22. Pop By Artist Olan Montgomery
23. Nathan Pendlebury Paintings By Nathan Pendlebury (Foreword By Richard Smith)
24. Fran Recacha 2003 - 2009 By Fran Recacha
25. Gods And Foolish Grandeur: A Selection Of Paintings By Stephen O'donnell
26. What I Do At Work When I'm Supposed To Be Working By David Fullarton
27. Solas By Jemma K Derbyshire
28. Paintings 2007-2010 By Pamela Staker
29. My Alphabet Of Anxieties & Desires By Jennifer Linton
30. The Walled Garden By Dianne Fogwell
Support these artists and galleries by purchasing a book from them. Use the code CSVIP to get 10% off your order.