Friday, December 30, 2011

My final painting of the year: "Ruby Horizon"

Here are some photos of my last painting of the year, Ruby Horizon. It was a commission, and I was so happy to finish it just in time to get it to my clients' home before Christmas. 

Ruby Horizon, ruby red maroon acrylic on cardboard sculptural bas-relief painting assemblage


Here are a few detail shots.

a detail of custom painting Ruby Horizon, Ruby Horizon, ruby red maroon crimson acrylic on cardboard sculptural bas-relief painting assemblage

a detail of custom painting Ruby Horizon, ruby red maroon crimson acrylic on cardboard sculptural bas-relief painting assemblage acrylic on cardboard

a detail of custom painting Ruby Horizon, ruby red maroon crimson acrylic on cardboard sculptural bas-relief painting assemblage acrylic on cardboard


I am really pleased with the rich cranberry wine color.  So amazing to think that it all began with a simple glass bead, which I used as a reference.

the color of the painting was based on this glass bead



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post