Sunday, December 14, 2008

America for sale - cheap, 1989 [from the archives]

America for sale - cheap, a drawing by Tiffany Gholar, ink on paper, 1989

"America for sale - cheap" | 1989 | Ballpoint pen on paper

My first little piece of social commentary art. This is a sketchbook drawing I did when I was 10 years old. In case you can't read my wonderful handwriting, the helicopter pilot is saying, "Let's buy the Sears Tower" and the sign on the map of the US says "America for sale cheap."

I had overheard my parents discussing the sale of the Sears Tower. There was talk of a possible sale to foreign investors. Of course, now I realize I should have drawn the "for sale" sign on my home state of Illinois.


Add to Mixx!

2 comments:

  1. We do funny stuff as children...
    Happy Holidays, and thanks for following =)
    Trudi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post