Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I really needed this article today...

Reading the financial news makes me feel like the sky is falling, and everything is coming apart and the center cannot hold and my IRA is worthless. . .
But then when I opened my e-mail I found a great article from Clint Watson's blog:



Don't Panic, You are an Artist!

Calm down, don't panic over the current economic news. Think about this: Our bodies and brains are wired to react quickly to emotional stimulus. The old "fight or flight" response. The pressures of the modern world puts stress on these ancient responses and, if we're not careful, will put is into panic mode. Panic mode is dangerous because that's when we make bad decisions.

You can read the rest of it here.

Thanks, Clint. I needed that today. Now let me get out of here so I can start a new recessionist painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post