Sunday, March 1, 2009

New copper painting seems unphotographable, and that's not laughable





Normally, I enjoy photographing my work as much as I enjoy painting it. But for some reason, the pictures I took of my new copper colored painting just do not do it justice. Part of the reason has to do with the track lighting in the studio. It's a shame we don't have skylights. But I think someone changed the position of the spotlights and they create the most terrible glare. So the only decent pictures I have of it are above. I'll try it again tomorrow. I really want everyone to be able to see it on here. Last week I got so frustrated with the photos I took that I didn't even want to post them on here or on Flickr. Which was the other reason (besides my eBay distractions) for my absence.

1 comment:

  1. This old photo major thinks it needs side lighting so that the shadows can bring out the depth and texture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post