Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Feeling Blue

My next painting is definitely going to be blue. Maybe even my next two paintings. I am always amazed at the unexpected places where I will end up finding inspiration. Lately it has come in the form of catalogs. Many times when I find myself inexplicably coveting a particular item, I realize I am enamored of its color. And what that really means is that I want to paint something that color. So I have to act on that immediately, lest my desire to create get sublimated into the desire to consume.

So last Thursday, catalog in hand, I went to Blick and found some paints to match the color that the Chadwick's catalog calls Water Blue. What an exciting color! I can't wait to start working with my new paints.

Add to Mixx!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post