Friday, August 12, 2022

Pandora's Aquarium, revisited

While reorganizing my studio, I unearthed a variety of old pieces of artwork. Some were incomplete, like the canvas that would eventually become Enmeshment in Green Blue and Yellow. Others had unfortunately gotten damaged. Sadly, that's what happened to Pandora's Aquarium, which I made way back in 2010.


Pandora's Aquarium by Tiffany Gholar. Acrylic on foam packing material
Pandora's Aquarium in 2010


 I'll be honest with you, I don't enjoy repairing my artwork. I usually feel so bad for letting it get damaged in the first place that I don't even want to start. That was how I felt about Pandora's Aquarium for a very long time. I didn't know where to begin. I couldn't remember what paint I had originally used. How could I make a seamless repair? But then I saw Stuart Semple's new "Ice" paint, and I knew that it would be the perfect medium to take my work in a new direction and give it new life.





Here's the repaired and renewed version:

Pandora's Aquarium - painting by Tiffany Gholar

detail of "Pandora's Aquarium" - painting by Tiffany Gholar


detail of "Pandora's Aquarium" - painting by Tiffany Gholar


detail of "Pandora's Aquarium" - painting by Tiffany Gholar


detail of "Pandora's Aquarium" - painting by Tiffany Gholar



At the time of this post, Pandora's Aquarium is available for purchase on Etsy. But if you happen upon this post after it's been sold, don't despair. I can make a similar custom painting for you. Click here to learn more about my commissioned art process.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post