Thursday, January 8, 2009

Worth Waiting For, or ,True Love Waits

Worth Waiting For or True Love Waits | mixed media (skeleton model dressed in wedding dress, holding a dead bouquet)


Worth Waiting For
or True Love Waits | mixed media |
1:6 scale maquette of a conceptual installation

Always the bride, she waited and waited and waited for a day that never came. She had a trousseau, and her suitcase was packed for the honeymoon that never was to be. She put everything on hold. This is what a long engagement feels like. This piece takes the idea of waiting until marriage to its most illogical extreme.

I think I was inspired by the work of a former classmate, Jody Reno, which unfortunately I cannot find online. Also, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride. I had hoped to make a life-size installation of Worth Waiting For or True Love Waits for a Halloween themed art show last year, but that fell through at the last minute. But maybe I'll get a chance this year. I have a frilly white dress that needs to be put to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post