Monday, October 23, 2023

My latest interior design project: A jewel-toned kitchen

This year, I've been working on a kitchen renovation. My client wanted to update her kitchen and make it more functional. She doesn't cook often and wanted a modern refrigerator with a smaller footprint, and more versatile seating in her dining nook. I began with space planning.




I wanted to design a kitchen for my client that coordinates with and continues the beautiful color schemes she has in the other rooms of her home. Ordinary, basic stock cabinets just wouldn't do. The greyed-down trend of the industrial farmhouse look had no place here. We had to get something custom, so that's what we did.






What I love about the backsplash tile is its iridescence. Depending on how the light hits it, you see more green, blue, or purple. The brown and bronze tones pick up the colors in the flooring, while the lighter beige tones pick up the cabinet doors and lampshade.


I used handmade bias tape that I purchased from Etsy to embellish a bamboo lampshade from IKEA







I also found a handmade table runner from Etsy that complements the rest of the kitchen.





My cousin Steve, who is a very talented carpenter, built the custom tabletop and we used a stainless steel restaurant table base to give everything a sleek, modern look.




As you can see, it goes well with the rest of the kitchen.


The over-range microwave opens up more kitchen counter space.








Now my client has a space where she can entertain and showcase her beautiful art collection.  Here's a before and after comparison:



I'm happy that everything turned out so well. Now that this project is finished, I look forward to starting the next one! Want to be my next client? Click here to find out how we can work together.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post