Monday, February 17, 2020

Cryopshere

I wasn't sure if Cryosphere would be my last painting of 2019 or my first of 2020. The latter has proved to be true... if you don't count the mini paintings I made for Valentine's Day. Like Cosmic Ocean and Serpentine Fire, it is a circular pod painting with lots of texture.




Unlike the previous paintings, Cryosphere is white.




Its pearlescence and glitter are reminiscent of ice and snow.













I was reading about climate change and came across the word cryopshere. I learned that it meant the part of the earth's atmosphere that is frozen. I thought it would be a good title for a piece that looks like ice and snow. Sadly, the cryosphere is shrinking every day. January 2020 was the hottest January on record and this month there was a record high in Antarctica.

Cryosphere is available to purchase in my Etsy shop for $625 and ships for free to customers in the USA. If you happen upon this post after it's been sold, don't despair. I can make a similar custom painting for you. Click here to learn more about my commissioned art process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post