Thursday, May 9, 2013

Constellation: A new mini painting

Normally I don't even give my mini paintings titles, but for this one, I decided to make an exception.

Constellation
detail of Constellation | acrylic and ink on canvas | 2" x 4" | 2013 | $25

Just as I did with Adaptive Reuse, I started on this painting about a year ago and set it aside because I didn't know what to do with it. And then as I began working on some new paint skin assemblages, I realized I knew exactly what to do. Most of the dried paint is from the nozzles, caps, and spouts of paint tubes and bottles. I liked the circular shapes they form. So I decided to cluster them together and form a sort of constellation.


Constellation


Constellation

Constellation


Here it is with one of my dolls for scale. Remember Kana from The Art Club?


Kana and Constellation


She likes it so much, she wants to take it home!


Kana and Constellation

Get it before it's gone! I'm selling it at my studio tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post