Friday, October 28, 2011

My Featured Guest Artist for November: Dovile Riebschlager

My featured guest artist for November is Dovile Riebschlager.  I had the pleasure of meeting her and seeing her work in some art fairs over the summer and I am so excited that she will be showing her work in my studio next month.  I really love the energy in her lines and the colors that she uses.

Here are a few of her paintings:





Here's what Dovile has to say about her art in her artist statement:

Fertility, women, layers, colors... how you say what you feel with colors and abstract forms? What those rounded forms mean? No matter how I start the result is abstract biological forms, feminine in feel. Sometimes amoeba, sometimes womb-like, but always talking about complexity of life in it's ever changing forms. In my portraits I try to portray the layered, infinite, ageless side of femininity.

Come and join us  for art and light refreshments.  As always, the open studio is free and open to the public.

Friday, November 11, 2011
6 - 9 p.m.
The Fine Arts Building
Studio 632F
410 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post