Friday, August 5, 2011

My first commisioned piece: Eternal Spring

Eternal Spring
Acrylic on Canvas
24" x 30"
2011


I actually finished this painting a few weeks ago, but to be fair to the client who commissioned it, I wanted to wait until she had the opportunity to see it in person before I posted a photo of it online.

It's so exciting to have the opportunity to create bespoke artwork that reflects the vision of the buyer.  Before I began this project I wondered if I would feel limited or constrained by having to work within the specifications given to me by a client.  Once I started working on it, I realized it drew upon the mode of thinking I learned to adopt while studying interior design, and I had so much fun with it.  I look forward to creating more commissioned pieces.

So if you have empty walls you'd like to fill with custom made artwork, I'd love to help you.  Read more about the process here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post