Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stone Soup

My live painting experience Saturday night reminded me of one of my favorite childhood fables, Stone Soup. Only instead of adding ingredients to the pot to improvise a feast, everyone contributed their items to help me improvise a painting.

I began with some cardboard I had in the car and mounted it on stretcher bars left over from another project.




I added a few more pieces for texture.




From their purses, pockets, and cars, people contributed items for me to add to the painting.








And that is the final product.





A hot new orange cocktail?  Not really.  I needed to wet my brushes, so I used a cup of ice.




It was so great to have another chance to create a piece of artwork and I would love to do more live painting events in the future. 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool idea, Tiffany. An engaged audience is a happy audience!

    I did two live painting events last year, and it was awfully fun, but yours has that extra kick of really breaking down he wall between artist and audience and getting them involved. Mind if I borrow the concept? :-)

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post