Sunday, September 13, 2009

My first public art project

I've been keeping this a secret, but now I can finally unveil my first public art project: a painted rain barrel! And when I took this picture of it, the sprinkler was on and a little rainbow appeared in the mist.

rain-barrel-and-rainbow

At first I had no clue what I was going to paint. Then it hit me: why not paint water? Like it says on my card, sometimes the simplest solutions are the most elegant.

DSC03878

It's the first representational painting I have done in a long, long time. This is a style I developed a long time ago, all based on a single high school art class assignment. The continuous flowing lines give the pattern a sense of continuity while the dotted lines fill it with energy.

DSC03886

Once I know where the rain barrel will be displayed, I'll announce it on here.

2 comments:

  1. I saw you on jeopardy. You're paintings are beautiful. They are definitely a reflection of your beautiful spirit and I just adore your smile! Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post