Thursday, October 9, 2008

playing in the Avant-Garden





When I was about 10 years old, my favorite book was The Secret Garden. Today I found a Flickr group that I think its main characters--Mary, Dickon, and Colin--would enjoy: Avant Garden. What I love about this group is what I love about Flickr, the vast assortment of images from all over the world. In this group, the theme is gardens. Some are windowboxes, others are large public conservatories. Some are professionally photographed, other pictures are taken by amateurs. Some aren't photos at all, but digital art or drawings or paintings scanned in by artists. Right now I don't have anything to contribute to the group, but looking at it makes me want to create something. Maybe I should do some plein air painting while the weather is still nice.

I added many of the pictures in Avant-Garden to my favorites, which you can see in the Digital Mood Board widget on the left. But I encourage you to take a look around the Avant-Garden for yourself. It's like going to a conservatory, a garden show, and an art show without ever leaving your computer screen.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by, Tiffany. Have you planted any of your images in the garden yet? Let me know - I'd enjoy seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by. To answer your question, yes, I do have a few things planted in the garden now:
    this tomato and this dandelion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post