Friday, October 3, 2008

design for hard times




Can't afford new rugs or bedding? Too broke for new furniture? Then I recommend you check out these 2 books. Both are under $14 at Amazon.com right now. Dollar Store Decor shows you how you can make great home accessories from items you can purchase at your local dollar store. My favorite project is shown on the front cover, a doormat made from scrubbing sponges. I actually have made a few projects from Retro Revamp, including the t-shirt quilt. It was my first quilt and I was very happy with the way it turned out. It gave my old t-shirts a new purpose.



So if you are looking for some easy and inexpensive DIY projects, get Dollar Store Decor and Retro Revamp. Both are perfect for an eclectic, bohemian lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post