Sunday, December 28, 2014

Incandescent Plasma

My last painting of the year is Incandescent Plasma. I don't know why I keep giving my paintings such scientific titles. I guess it has something to do with attending a math and science high school. Often I still find myself seeing the science in art. My yellow and orange paintings always make me think of the Sun.


incandescent plasma - 1000 px
Incandescent Plasma
acrylic, latex, and ink on paper
30" x 20"
2014
$400
  

I created the texture of this piece using crumpled paper. The yellows are very vivid. They range from bright to fluorescent, with some metallic ink added for extra luminosity. The title is taken from an educational song by They Might Be Giants, which begins with the lyrics, "The Sun is a miasma of incandescent plasma."

If you happen upon this post after it's been sold, don't despair. I can make a similar custom painting for you. Click here to learn more about my commissioned art process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post