Friday, September 2, 2011

Verdant new painting

sculptural bas relief pod painting in various shades of green. Made of recycled cardboard tubes and acrylic paint.


Verdant
Acrylic on paper and wood board
20" x 30"
2011
$300


This piece makes me think of a verdant jungle blooming with mysterious forms of plant life. It makes me think of the books I used to like reading when I was 10 or 12 years old about people having adventures in the wilderness and on uncharted islands.

detail of sculptural bas relief  pod painting in various shades of green. Made of recycled cardboard tubes and acrylic paint.


There is something exotic, enticing, and vaguely seductive about it, I think. It was quite labor intensive to create, but I am pleased with the results. A cousin of Fuchsia Sublime, Verdant has the same undulating pod formation. I look forward to creating more pod paintings in other colorways. 

If you happen upon this post after it's been sold, don't despair. I can make a similar custom painting for you. Click here to learn more about my commissioned art process.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post