Saturday, August 10, 2013

New commissioned painting: Violet Unfolding

I had an opportunity to create a new commissioned piece for the president of my old high school, the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy. Proving that the school's graduates have pursued other fields besides the two in the school's name, the new president has decided to put a collection of alumni art in her office. I am so honored to have my work hanging on the walls there! What an unexpected opportunity! Here's a photo of the piece.


DSC09806-web

Violet Unfolding
acrylic, ink, vinyl, and latex on cardboard and wood panel
30" x 20"
2013

DSC09809-web


My only regret is that I didn't have time to take better pictures of my painting. I feel like these just don't do them justice. But I was in a hurry, so what could I do? Hopefully I will have another chance to take some better pictures one day. Anyway, I am starting on a new commissioned piece, so you can expect an update soon.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post