Thursday, October 29, 2009

Weekend nature walk

This past weekend I took time to get out and experience the fall weather. The dreary greyness of the cloudy weather we've had has been foreboding, but I had errands to run on Saturday. Along the way, I found some beautiful leaves. The colors really inspire me.




It made me think about the nature walks we used to take when I was a Girl Scout. A little Brownie told me recently that her troop went to a spa for manicures and facials. And when I heard that, I immediately thought it sounded like something the scouts in the classic 80's movie Troop Beverly Hills would do. We never did anything like that. The main thing I remember us doing is hiking, usually at the Indiana Dunes National Park. I miss doing things like that. Fortunately, the Nature Museum was free on Sunday, so I had another opportunity to reconnect with nature. On the way from the car to the museum, I had many beautiful fall photo opportunities.

dsc04107

dsc04032

dsc04028



When I got inside, I finally got a chance to see where the butterflies live. I had been meaning to visit for a long time. It was amazing. Also, it's quite hot and humid in there. My lens fogged up when I was taking pictures. But here is a clear shot.


butterfly

On my way back to the car, I saw more ducks in the pond.

ducks

And here is a little squirrel friend. He came when I called him, probably expecting a treat. I'm sorry I didn't have anything for him, but glad he stood still long enough for me to take his picture.

dsc04138

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post