Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bidding farewell to a legendary artist

mj drawing

It still doesn't seem real. In a few days, perhaps it will hit me and I will come to terms with the fact that he's gone. I have never known a time without his music. He was an artist of formidable talent, with an incredible stage presence despite his very reserved offstage persona. I could always relate to this characteristic of his. I've always found it much easier to be a much more effusive version of myself when I am performing than in my everyday life. The artist (and possible fellow INFP) I am writing about is the late Michael Jackson.

He was truly an inspiration to me as an artist, and I hope this is how he will be remembered and not just as fodder for the tabloids. Even in his death, Michael Jackson makes me realize that if I put my soul into my work, a part of me will still live on. Perhaps that is one of the greatest gifts of being an artist, the ability to create a legacy with every new creation.



J5 Montage
J5 Montage | digital photo montage/desktop wallpaper | 1998



Also, did you know Michael Jackson was also a visual artist? Check out this drawing he did:

mj drawing

It appears in the booklet inset of his HIStory album. Sorry, I don't think you can get this from the iTunes store. You have to get it on CD to see the artwork inside.

Finally, I am closing this post out with one of my favorite Michael Jackson videos, "Earth Song." It has such a powerful message.

5 comments:

  1. The news shook the entire world. I think everyone can agree that a lot has happened this week, and this one just tops them all.

    Nicolette
    http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what the tabloids have said in the past or will be saying for some time to come Michael Jackson has left a legacy that cannot compare. For me, MJ marked my teenage years like no other artist and I think that ultimately that is what he will be remembered for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tribute to an amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you so much Michael . You mean the world to me . You touched me like no other artist . I miss you but i know your happy with Jesus . I cant wait to meet you there .

    L.O.V.E. now and always ,
    Your fan <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments. Since this blog is not about Michael Jakson, I have decided to close comments on this post. Please read some of my other posts to find out what this blog is really about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Comments make me happy. Spam makes me mad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This Post